Saturday, December 24, 2016

Book Review of The 100 Most Encouraging Verses of the Bible

Troy Schmidt's book, The 100 Most Encouraging Verses of the Bible is perfect for daily devotions.

The back of the book says:

"Powerful Words of Comfort From the Bible
Everyone struggles with discouragement as they face the trials of life, big and small. Where do you go for help when you're lonely or grieving or fearful? Or when you've failed in a job or relationship? No matter what storm you're facing, God says, "Come to me . . . and I will give you rest." 

The Bible verses highlighted in this clear, concise book include well-known gems as well as hidden treasures that will surprise you. Each verse is followed by a brief reading to explain the verse's meaning and draw you nearer to God, making it perfect for daily devotions or as a starting point for further study.

Find the hope and peace that can only come straight from the Word of God."


I really liked the set up of this book.  Each page has a verse, and there is a short devotional reading below it.  It is perfect to use as a daily devotion.  A reader can read multiple verses a day or spend time focusing on one verse for the day.  I sometimes struggle fitting my daily time with God into my day, and I found each page to take 5 minutes or less to read.  Then you can pray or reflect on it throughout the day.

*I received this book from the publisher.  The opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment